Vacancy: Communications and Fundraising Officer
The Equal Education Law Centre is looking for a Communications and Fundraising officer to join our team of social justice lawyers.
About the EELC
We are a team of activist lawyers working to advance the struggle for equality in education through legal advocacy and strategic litigation.
The successful candidate be based at our office in the new Isivivana building in Khayelitsha, Western Cape, and will be responsible for various aspects of the EELC’s communication and fundraising activities.
The tasks involved include:
- Drafting media statements.
- Updating content for the EELC website.
- Coordinating the EELC’s social media accounts.
- Drafting reports of the EELC’s activities and campaigns.
- Acting as media liaison officer on EELC activities and campaigns.
- Fundraising for the EELC through the development and submission of grant proposals.
- Working with attorneys at the EELC to develop awareness-raising materials for the organisation.
Who should apply
We are a looking for a creative and self-motivated individual meeting the following requirements:
- A university degree or equivalent.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience in the effective use of websites, FaceBook,Twitter and other social media platforms for dissemination of ideas, arguments and commentary.
- Candidates with experience in grant management and fundraising will be preferred.
- Commitment to social justice and addressing systemic inequality.
Salary is negotiable commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Applications must include
- A motivation letter
• Full curriculum vitae and academic transcripts
• Two reference letters
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Communications and Fundraising Officer”
Applications close Friday, 19 August 2016.