We are hiring!
Join our team of education justice activists • Join the struggle for equal education •
The Equal Education Law Centre is looking for a senior researcher to join our team.
About the EELC
We are a team of activist lawyers and researchers working to advance the struggle for quality and equality in education, through legal advocacy and strategic litigation. The EELC works closely with our sister organisation, Equal Education, a movement of learners, parents, teachers and community members, working for quality and equality in South African education, through analysis and activism.
Who should apply
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a passion for social justice, law and education. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Postgraduate qualification in social sciences, education, law or related field;
- Two years post-qualification working experience;
- Strong research and exceptional writing skills;
- Demonstrated expertise in researching and analysing legislative and policy frameworks;
- Ability to lead an inter-disciplinary research projects;
- Based in the Western Cape or able to relocate;
- Demonstrated expertise in statistics, budget analysis and data collection is desirable.
Candidates who demonstrate a commitment to social justice and struggles for equality will be preferred. The EELC conducts its recruitment with a commitment to transformation.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Senior Researcher Application “.
Applications must include
- A motivation letter and full curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- A sample of written legal work.
Applications close Friday, 03 November 2017