We are hiring!
- Join our team of activist lawyers • Join the struggle for equal education •
The Equal Education Law Centre is looking for an attorney to join our team of social justice lawyers.
About the EELC
We are a team of activist lawyers working to advance the struggle for quality and equality in education, through legal advocacy and strategic litigation. The EELC works closely with our sister organisation, Equal Education, a movement of learners, parents, teachers and community members, working for quality and equality in South African education, through analysis and activism.
Who should apply
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a passion for social justice, law and education. Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Admission as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa with at least two to four year’s post articles experience;
- Strong research and exceptional writing skills;
- Based in the Western Cape or able to relocate;
- Experience in strategic litigation and/or law clinic practice.
Candidates who demonstrate a commitment to social justice and struggles for equality will be preferred.
The EELC conducts its recruitment with a commitment to transformation in the legal sector.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Attorney Application “.
Applications must include
- A motivation letter and full curriculum vitae
- Two reference letters
- A sample of written legal work.
Applications close Friday 20th April 2018