Join our team of activist lawyers • Join the struggle for equal education
The Equal Education Law Centre is looking for a passionate and experienced attorney to join our team of social justice lawyers.
About the EELC
We are a team of activist lawyers working to advance the struggle for equality in education through legal advocacy and strategic litigation. The EELC runs a walk-in clinic ensuring that individuals and communities have access to legal services and education justice. The EELC also works closely with our sister organisation, Equal Education (EE). EE is a movement of learners, parents, teachers and community members, working for quality and equality in South African education, through
Who should apply
We are looking for self-motivated individuals with a passion for social justice, law and education. The following are minimum requirements:
• Admission to the Law Society as a practising attorney;
• Two to three years’ post-admission experience as a practising attorney;
• Strong research and exceptional writing skills;
• Experience in strategic litigation;
• Willingness to be based in Cape Town;
• Desire to travel across South Africa and to work with children.
How to apply
Email your application to email@example.com with the subject heading “Attorney Application“.
Applications must include
• A motivation letter
• Full curriculum vitae
• Two reference letters (from professional references)
• A sample of written legal work.
Applications close Friday, 20 January 2017